RESUMPTION OF WEEKDAY AND SATURDAY MEDALS
WEEKDAY AND SATURDAY MEDALS WILL RESUME FROM THURSDAY 23rd JUNE, SIGN IN PAY AND PLAY IN THE NORMAL MANNER USING YOUR OWN PRE-BOOKED TEE TIMES.
FOR NEW MEMBERS OR EXISTING MEMBERS WHO HAVE NOT PLAYED 3 QUALIFIERS IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS IT GIVES THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO PRIOR TO THE CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS ON THE WEEKEND OF JULY 11th.
WEEKDAY MEDAL TUESDAY 23rd June
SATURDAY MEDAL 27th June
WEEKDAY MEDAL THURSDAY 2nd July
MONTHLY MEDAL SUNDAY 5th July
Competition golf – with social distancing
The following conditions of play have been agreed between the Club and Wyboston Lakes Ltd. in order to recommence competition play at Wyboston Lakes Golf Club.
BEFORE YOUR ROUND
YOU MUST ARRIVE IN ORDER TO BE AVAILABLE ON THE TEE 10 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR TEE TIME – IF YOU ARE LATE IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO PLAY
Have the correct money and place in jar provided at check in – which will be outside
Collect your own card and fill in name - date - competition - etc.
Arrive at the practice area no more than 15 minutes prior to your tee time
Only 3 tee groups (9 players) to be on practice area at a time
ON THE COURSE
As 3 balls remember social distance – 2 metres apart please at all times
Do not remove or touch the flagstick
No rakes in bunkers – please smooth out best you can with club or feet
You MAY “pick and place“ in bunkers within 6 inches, no smoothing of sand allowed.
Keep your OWN score and sign your card as a true record – no countersign needed
Keep the score of your marker in the marker column – name your marker on card
Decide before play who is marker for who within your 3 ball
AFTER YOUR ROUND
Check your totals tally before handing in –DO NOT SWAP OR HANDLE OTHER PLAYERS CARDS
Place your card in the silver box where it will remain for 3 days before being checked
After your round do not congregate in the area from the 18th green up to the pro shop
Please go directly to car and leave the site within 30 minutes of finishing last hole
THE ABOVE VARIATIONS TO NORMAL PROCEDURES WILL STILL ALLOW FOR COMPETITIONS TO BE QUALIFIERS AND SUPPLEMENTARY CARDS TO BE SUBMITTED
These conditions apply to all organised competitions and it is our responsibility to comply fully with them, all are as advised by England Golf.
By entering any competition you will be agreeing to abide by them, thanking you in advance for your cooperation.
MEN's WINTER KNOCKOUT WINNER
Please congratulate Jaroslaw Miller, who beat Danny Hoole in the final of the Men's Winter Knockout competition, finishing 2 holes up.
WLGC Golf Update Communications/Membership
I hope you are all keeping well during this difficult time.
The current situation has caused all of us to think about how we will one day return to some sort of normality and I'm sure we are all wondering what that normality might look like. We live in strange times but as we begin to take a few tentative steps out of this lockdown, we can now consider how to return to the one thing we all have in common which is golf.
Over the coming weeks and months, it will become increasingly important to communicate information about our return to golf. The main club committee has taken the decision to use the ClubV1 email system as the favored primary means of regular communication with the whole membership. Please try to review your emails on a regular basis so that you keep up to date. We will continue to use other methods to provide information such as the web sites and various other social media apps. I only anticipate that we will need to publish a small number of emails but when we do, it will contain important information on any changes and updates relating to our return to golf.
This is the first of such emails and we have the following information to pass on. Many of you will be aware of these points already but please read through carefully.
1. MEMBERSHIP - Membership numbers are much reduced at this stage and thanks to all of you who have renewed and for being patient with the situation. Those of you who have not renewed your membership should be aware that England Golf have stated that your handicaps will only be maintained until mid-June after which you will lose your CONGU handicap. Also and importantly, the insurance scheme provided by England Golf which is a £10,000,000 cover will lapse if you are not a club member. The club handbook will be sent out by post to all members. Be aware that the diary has not been reviewed to take account of the current situation.
2. CLUB FINANCES - The Club Treasurer has reported that the club is in a relatively healthy situation under the circumstances and thanks to the prudent approach taken by the committee over the past year or two, we are in a good position to withstand the difficulties that lie ahead.
3. COMPETITIONS - Mens and Ladies Competitions have all been cancelled until the end of June. Regular reviews will take place and we will be guided by the various golf governing bodies as well as Wyboston Ltd as to how and when we can start up competitions again. The Seniors section have taken the step to cancel competitions until the end of July although their situation will be reviewed at the end of June.
4. CAPTAINS DAY - All sections have decided to cancel Captains Day this year. Our men's Captain Andy Robb has offered to stand for a further year and organise Captains Day next year which we hope will be a bigger event. There is currently no Ladies Captain and the Seniors Captain Keith Moore will not be standing again next year.
5. PRESENTATION EVENINGS - As you are all aware, May's Presentation Evening was cancelled. We will be reviewing whether it is practical to hold the event currently scheduled in October. This will depend on Wyboston and how quickly we return to competitive golf. The backlog of awards will not be forgotten and will be presented when we are next able to hold an event.
6. PLAYING GOLF AGAIN and TEE BOOKINGS - Wyboston have been extremely proactive during this difficult time. They have continued to maintain the course as best as possible. Now that we are returning to golf, Wyboston have introduced various procedures to ensure social distancing and safe golf can be maintained. Tee times are spaced further apart at 16 minute intervals but season ticket holders can take advantage of booking 12 days ahead whereas visitors are only able to book 9 days in advance. You can only book a 1 ball or a two ball at the moment which means you can only play on your own or as per current guidelines with 1 member of your household OR 1 person outside of your household, all provided you maintain the 2m social distancing rules. When you arrive, report to the pro-shop (more details below). Do not arrive too early. You can make use of the practice ground at the course for up to 1/2 hour before your tee time. No rakes in the bunkers, so please either use your feet to smooth over or choose to take a drop outside the bunker. It's entirely up to you as we are not playing competitions at the moment. Do not touch the flag sticks. Wyboston have invested in automatic ball retrievers which have been installed in each hole. Please take a common sense approach to this return to golf and maintain the social distancing rules at all times. Once your round has finished you should return to the car park and leave as soon as possible.
7. PRO-SHOP and FACILITIES - The pro-shop is only open with limited staff to facilitate the tees. They are working on behalf of Wyboston acting to a limited extent as marshals. The telephones have been taken off line, so will not be answered if you call. Staff will not be taking any payment for tee times, so if you do have to pay a green fee, make sure you do that online as otherwise you will not be allowed on the course. There is no retail allowed in the shop so make sure you bring your own drinks, snacks, balls and anything else you need for your round. Wyboston are not able to open the driving range at the moment for practical reasons but will review the situation in the coming weeks. Toilet facilities are open but no showers or changing facilities are available. The bars and restaurants are closed.
8. GOLF COACHING - Martyn and David are able to provide some limited golf coaching but only at the short game area and by abiding by the social distancing rules. They are hopeful that over the next week, further coaching can go ahead.
Please click for the Membership Renewal Form for those who have yet to join.
I hope you find this information useful and will try to keep you updated as we receive further news on our return to golf. If we all take a sensible approach and abide by the rules, we will soon get back to enjoying the game we love and all the social benefits that it brings.
In the meantime, stay safe and enjoy your golf.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) FAQ's ON THE RETURN TO GOLF
CANCELLATION OF All MEN'S COMPETITIONS
All Men's competitions up to and including the 30th June have now been cancelled.
This will be review again mid June.
We are delighted to be able to inform you that the golf course will reopen for play on Wednesday 13th May.
There are a few things that will be different and some areas that we need your help with to ensure safe play for everyone.
All ‘Tee Time’ bookings will need to be made and paid for online. We will only be accepting bookings based on the booker agreeing to the following terms:
I am booking to play golf on my own.
I am booking a two-ball with one individual from a different household.
I am booking a two, three or four ball with members of my household only.
Societies and mixed groups will not be permitted.
For the time being we will be playing every other tee time to ensure social distance is maintained.
Social distancing signage, floor markings and guidelines will be in place and we ask that you always respect these.
We are awaiting clarity on when the Pro-shop will reopen, only allow 3 people at a time will be permitted into the Pro-shop.
The Pro-shop will be cashless, payment will be by debit/credit card only.
You will notice all rakes have been removed from bunkers and we ask you not to move Flagsticks. We have ordered a contactless ball extractor for each hole; these will be installed as soon as they are delivered and will take away the need to touch the hole cup.
At this time, the driving range and changing rooms including showers, will remain closed. We are hopeful that we will be able to open the driving range but are awaiting clarity on this point.
When parking your car, where possible try and park in alternate spaces.
CANCELLATION OF SUMMER KNOCK-OUT COMPETITIONS
Due to the Coronavirus the Summer Knock-out competitions are cancelled as it is unlikely any of the draws will get completed in the limited summer period left once we return to normal golf.
CANCELLATION OF MAY PRESENTATION EVENING
May 21st Presentation Evening is cancelled due to Coronavirus. The next Presentation Evening is scheduled to be Friday 23rd October and assuming we are able to go ahead by then, we will cover both presentation evenings in one.
VALUED SEASON TICKET HOLDER
As a valued Season Ticket Holder at Wyboston Lakes Golf Centre, we wanted to let you know that we have decided to close the Golf course in-line with the Government directive for at least the next 3 weeks.
We will be reviewing this constantly and keeping you informed of any updates or changes to this.
If you pay by direct debit, it will be paused. If you pay annually, the period of closure will be added onto your season ticket so that no time period
is lost to you.
Should you have any queries or need any clarification, please email us on email@example.com. We ask you not to call at this time as we are working on reduced staff. We will respond to your email and deal with your enquiry as soon as we possibly can.
We wish you well in the coming weeks and look forward to seeing
you on the course soon,
Hotel General Manager
WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT
ALL County events, Leagues are suspended until the end of May.
Further details will follow in due course via the County Secretary to member clubs.
Ladies Committee has decided that with immediate effect and through to end May, all Ladies competitions and medals will be cancelled. This is in line with recommendations from Bedfordshire County Golf.
Wyboston Lakes Golf Course and other golf courses closed
as recommended by England Golf
In the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, England Golf has announced a number of key decisions relating to all of our championships and wider golfing activities.
All golf clubs and courses in England must now close
All championship and performance events scheduled to take place up until and including 7 June have been postponed.
England Golf’s AGM and national participation events scheduled for the spring have been postponed
New working practices for staff have been adopted to ensure we remain fully operational and available to assist counties, clubs and golfers in the weeks and months ahead
in just over two weeks the Bedfordshire County Championships will take place at Millbrook Golf Club.
Entries for both competitions are currently lower than normal, would you please circulate to your scratch team Captains & players who you think may be interested.
The County & Colts Championship is 36 holes Sat 1st June with a qualifying cut for 18 holes Sun 2nd June.
The County Handicap Championship is 36 Holes Sun 2nd June.
Entries are via the County Website, a link is provided below.
County and Colts Championship - Round 1 Saturday 1st June (16 days)
County Handicap Championships Sunday 2nd June (17 days)
PLEASE NOTE the following statement on the information board by each tee box.
BEWARE PUBLIC ACCESS ROAD
At all times users of the access road have priority. Do not play any shot if persons or vehicles are in danger of being hit by a golf ball.
Winter Rules come to an End 30th April 2019 - Exception
Due to poor condition of 15th fairway we have agreed with county golf union to an extension of preferred lies on this fairway until 31st May 2019
The question of ‘missing benches’ was raised in the Open Forum at the WLGC Annual General Meeting 2018.
It appeared that most had become unrepairable. The matter was discussed at the next Club Committee Meeting. It was unanimously agreed by the Committee that one new, minimum maintenance, composite bench should be purchased from Club Funds, to be a Memorial Bench where plaques may be placed in the future.
Many thanks to Tom Greaves who sourced a bench made from re-cycled material, organised the plaque and managed the order and delivery of the chosen bench.
The WLGC Memorial Bench certainly makes a statement by the 7th tee box. We hope you agree.(the committee)