2020 - 2021
Wyboston Lakes Golf Club is situated just South of St Neots in Cambridgeshire, close to the A1. The Seniors Section is open to anyone over 55, and has a mixed male and female membership. Currently the Senior Section has around 100 members and has competitions on Wednesday mornings. In addition to the normal meetings, there are numerous inter-club competitions and special days organised through the year.
New members are always welcome. We can be contacted by writing to us at Wyboston Lakes Golf Club, or calling or popping into the Pro Shop
Wyboston Lakes Golf Club
Pro Shop: 01480 223004
PGA Head Professional:
Welcome to the website of Wyboston Lakes Golf Club, Seniors Section. We aim to bring you the latest news of Seniors events and matches throughout the current season. The main Club website can be found at:
Useful Link: Bedfordshire County Golf Union
Good news – we’re back on the course as from Monday 29th March. However, there are still some issues to work through and it will be a gradual return to our published programme.
1. The Farewell / Hello scheduled for Wednesday 31st is cancelled and will not be rearranged.
2. There will be no organised events during April. Anyone wanting to play will need to arrange their own tees in the normal way (4 balls are allowed)
3. The Winter Eclectic has been cancelled. Any entry fees collected from the two rounds played will be added to The Captains Charity.
4. Inter club matches scheduled for April are cancelled. There are two away matches in May and we are in discussion with those clubs as to whether or not they can be played. We are hopeful that home fixtures from June onwards can go ahead and that we will be able to have a meal after the game.
5. Until we have access to the WHS system in the hotel lobby, all qualifying competitions are in doubt. Please keep an eye on the website and the notice board for updates.
6. The first Seniors Day game is scheduled for Wednesday 12th May. The entry sheet will be on the board when we can access the club room.
7. We will be running the Vulcan and Vimy Trophy competitions. (singles and doubles) The final date for entries will be Friday 9th April. That will allow me to publish the draw by Friday 16th giving strict “play by” dates for each round and therefore sufficient time to complete the competition by the end of September.
You can enter now by emailing me at email@example.com- the sheet will be on the board when we can access the club room.
What we must remember is that we are still under strict Covid controls. Wyboston Lakes are responsible for ensuring that we follow the rules and any breach on our part will result in us losing our playing rights. That means NO congregating before or after a game and NO gatherings in the club room. I would ask you all to be vigilant in applying these rules to yourself and other people.
I’m very much looking forward to catching up with you all in a few weeks time.
Secretary – Senior Section.
Captain’s Charity Music Quiz.
On behalf of us all, I would just like to thank Mags for organising the quiz. Circumstances haven’t made it easy to sell quiz sheets this year, but despite all the difficulties, the sum raised is still significant and I know will be very much appreciated by staff at St. John’s Hospice, Moggerhanger. And it’s not too late to donate; if you would like to contribute to our charity I’m sure Ray Clark will be happy to relieve you of your money.
A tremendous amount of work goes into compiling the quiz and I understand Mags is already working on the next one......”At the supermarket”. Maybe as an incentive to sell more quiz sheets we should try a buy one get one free. Just a thought!
Thank you, Mags – much appreciated.
Secretary – Senior Section.